Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Small Shetland Sample


Handmade wpi measure & 3g of handspun Shetland, n-plied
I spun up a handful of the Shetland just to try it out, then n-plied it, since it was so little. I really like the look and feel of it! Although I might have spun too little to knit a big enough swatch, so I'm going to have to keep spinning. I got 21 wpi after I plied it together, and it's looking nice on 2.5mm needles. I might even be able to go up one size to 3mm. So I'll go with what I'm doing now and maybe a shawl might come of it, if I have enough!
The only qualm I have with it is that when I was spinning and knitting it up - any time I touched the fiber for a length of time, really - some of the dye came off! So my fingertips would be a little brown/greener than before I started spinning. I guess the little wash I put it through for setting the twist wasn't enough to remove all the excess dye.


No comments:

Post a Comment